Monday, April 7, 2014

Poem: Poor Sick Baby


Concerned, I knew that she did not feel right
Then came a cough, a fever, a sick child
My poor little girl, she cried hard all night
Her face red with pain, her voice hoarse and wild

I called her doctor to get her advice
To find a remedy for my sweet one
But there's little to do that would suffice
Just prescriptions and care that must be done

So I held my baby while she fought
As she kicked and spit her medicine out
Choking and gagging, so deeply distraught
I cuddled her close, as she thrashed about

I wish I could somehow stop her illness
I hold her and kiss her, so very helpless



2 comments:

  1. Hope mother and child are doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are, though we're still coughing. We're taking antibiotics that seem to be helping. Thanks for your concern :)

    ReplyDelete