Sunday, July 20, 2014

Awkward Girl in the City: Living & Dating in L.A.: Can I Be Smart and Pretty?

I found this great blog about the way women tend to be classified as either pretty or smart, but almost never both. My little girl is very traditionally pretty, gets told that a lot, and I worry that she'll get boxed in to very limited, stereotypical idea of how "pretty girls" are (or should be). I want her to learn to develop her character and her mind, and not worry too much about her looks! Of course, that doesn't mean I don't call her pretty, or get upset when other people compliment her looks, it just means that we need to remember that women and girls are real people with full lives that aren't defined exclusively by their appearance. Check out what the Awkward Girl says on the topic!



Awkward Girl in the City: Living & Dating in L.A.: Can I Be Smart and Pretty?:      In the first grade I was the best reader in my class. Actually I was the fastest reader, speller and everything else you like to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment