Sunday, September 27, 2015

Rocky Mountain National Park 2015

Here are some more pictures from our trip to Colorado. These are from Rocky Mountain National Park. We stayed in the Moraine Park campground, and did several day hikes. 
This is Nymph Lake, one of the lakes along the trail from Bear Lake to Emerald Lake. 
We stopped and had lunch by the beautiful Dream Lake.
Our destination: Emerald Lake. The breeze coming down the mountainside was just what we needed.
A marmot came out to say hello!
The marmot was super cute and didn't seem afraid of people at all.
There were tons of chipmunks all along the trail! 
We had a great time. Our sweet baby girl loved riding in her child carrier on Daddy's back.
The stars at night were spectacular, and we got to see the Milky Way and watch the Perseid meteor shower.

4 comments:

  1. Ah, the Perseid meteor shower. We watched that with our two one year in the Upper Penninsula of Michigan and I had my first experience of sibling rivalry. "He's seeing more meteors than I am, Mom! Make him stop!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny:) I got a bit jealous of my husband at first, because he saw the first meteor and I didn't, but then I started seeing a whole bunch. They lit up the sky!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous photos- thanks for sharing! As a child I got to spend summer vacations visiting family in Colorado, to include the Rockies. So nice to see these photos to stir up some great memories. Visiting from the #WeekendBlogShare Best, Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed them! Colorado is a beautiful state.

      Delete